2%w/v Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose
(OPHTHALMIC VISCOSURGICAL DEVICE)
The Ophthalmic Visco-surgical Device (OVD) is a sterile, isotonic, apyrogenic viscoelastic solution of highly purified, non inflammatory Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose (HPMC) solution with a high molecular weight greater than 80,000 Daltons for intraocular use during the surgery of the anterior segment of eye.
For a 2% w/v HPMC solution each ml of solution provides 20mg of HPMC dissolved in balanced salt solution. The viscosity of this solution is 4000 to 5500 cps
The OVD is indicated for use as an ophthalmic surgical aid in anterior segment surgical procedures, such as cataract extraction and intraocular lens implantation. The OVD maintains a deep chamber during anterior segment surgery and thereby allowing for more efficient manipulation with significantly less trauma to the corneal endothelium and other ocular tissues
At present, there are no known contraindications, when used by a trained Ophthalmic Surgeon, as indicated.
- Do not use the package if the integrity of the sterile package is compromised.
- The OVD is for intraocular use only.
- The OVD is for single use only.
- The device is not to be placed in the direct sunlight or temperature exceeding 40oC.
- Do not re-sterilize the device
- Store at a temperature between 15O Celsius and 35O Celsius and a relative humidity less than 65%. Protect from freezing.
- Do not expose containers to direct sunlight
- The sterile solution of 2%w/v Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose is available in
- 2ml and 3ml PFS pouch pack, AND also 5ml Vial with pouch in pack of ten.